Book Review: Frost Blood by Elly Blake


Title: Frost Blood
Author: Elly Blake
Series: Frost Blood Saga
Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
Publication Date: January 2017
Source & Format: Soft cover, originally bought from Target (although I don't see it in the book section anymore)
Page Count: 376
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: πŸŒ™πŸŒ™πŸŒ™πŸŒ™









The Reign of Ice Must End
Seventeen- year- old Ruby is a Fireblood who has concealed her powers of heat and flame from the cruel Frostblood ruling class her entire life. But when her mother is killed trying to protect her, and rebel Frostbloods demand her help to overthrow their bloodthirsty king, she agrees to come out of hiding, desperate for revernge. Despite her unpredictable abilities, Ruby trains with the rebels and the infuriating― yet irrisistible―Arcus, who seems to think of her as nothing more than a weapon. But before they can take action, Ruby is captured and forced to compete in the king's tournaments that pit Fireblood prisoners against Frostblood champions. Now she has only one chance to destroy the maniacal ruler who has taken everything from herγ…‘ and from the icy young man she has come to love. 




Frost Blood SPOILERS 


~My Thoughts~
I had never read a book that had to deal with this subject before, so at first I didn't really know what to make of it. The beginning of the book was just plagued with hardships for Ruby, so much so, that you can't help but feel for her and even hope that she gets revenge for every cruel thing people have done against her. She lived in a remote village, where her mother was an amazing healer and Ruby loved using her powers to help her mom with the patients whenever she could. One day, soldiers for the Frostblood King find her, kill her mother died trying to protect Ruby, and take her to the dungeons where she is ill- treated and tortured just because of the powers she was born with. When she is in the dungeon, when all hope seems lost, she is broken free by Arcus, a Frostblood rebel who needs her help to end the King's rule. I couldn't help but get engrossed in this story from the beginning. The Fact that Arcus isn't just some ordinary gorgeous guy made this story even better. He has burns on his face, but Ruby still thought he was the most handsome guy she had ever laid her eyes on, especially when it came to how loyal he was to those he deemed as friends. With all the hardships they went through, and the way that Arcus and Ruby fell for each other, I could not put this book down. I absolutely ADORED this book and I recommend it to anyone that loves a romantic fantasy. It was such a good book that even before I finished it (which took me all of a day), I really couldn't put it down, I already couldn't wait to get my hands on the second installment. the fact that Ruby befriended so many, and would help those that were weary of her because of her powers, shows what a kind person she was, it's no wonder Arcus couldn't help being drawn to her and even falling for her.

~Favorite Quotes~

" You don't know the effect your words have on me, Lady Firebrand. It took years to build up this ice. You will melt it and then I will be broken" - Arcus

"How handsome he must have been before he was burned. Heat flared over my skin. How handsome he was now." - Ruby

Slowly he raised himself onto his elbows. "If I could afford to be completely selfish, I wouldn't let you go after the kind. I would take you away from this land and keep you safe." - Arcus

"And for the record, I already know how you feel about fire, so you don't have to be mad that I've witnessed one of your weaknesses. We All have them you know." He turned to look at me, his face completely expressionless. I tensed, waiting for a scathing response, but he mumbled something and looked away. I left the smithy and headed toward the kitchen to help Brother Peele with dinner preparations, still puzzling over his parting remark. I must have misheard him. It almost sounded like he'd said, I fear you are becoming one of mine." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25 Questions Tag: Facts About Me!

Review: Hunted by Meagan Spooner

Top 10 Best Bookish Gifts