Review: Haunting The Deep By: Adriana Mather

Title: Haunting the Deep
Author: Adriana Mather 
Series: How to Hang A Witch
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: October 3, 2017
Source and Format:
Page Count: 354
Genre: YA Fiction
Rating: πŸŒ™πŸŒ™πŸŒ™πŸŒ™πŸŒ™

Samantha Mather knew her family’s connection to the infamous Salem Witch Trials might pose obstacles to an active social life. But having survived one curse, she never thought she’d find herself at the center of a new one. 
 
This time, Sam is having recurring dreams about the Titanic . . . where she’s been walking the deck with first-class passengers, like her aunt and uncle. Meanwhile, in Sam’s waking life, strange missives from the Titanic have been finding their way to her, along with haunting visions of people who went down with the ship. 
 
Ultimately, Sam and the Descendants, along with some help from heartthrob Elijah, must unravel who is behind the spell that is drawing her ever further into the dream ship . . . and closer to sharing the same grim fate as its ghostly passengers.






OMG SHE DID IT AGAIN! When I found out that a second book was coming out I thought I was going to lose it, I was so excited. I honestly really enjoyed this book from cover to cover and can’t wait to see what she comes out with next.

Haunting the Deep Spoilers!

~ Thoughts~

So the book starts off at the end of “How To Hang A Witch”. Samantha Mather, AKA Sam, is trying to piece together her life after everything she went through. Her dad is awake, and her crazy step mother is gone, but Sam still just isn’t happy. Yes, she has Jaxon, his mom, and her dad, but there’s a void in her life that can never be filled by anyone else. Elijah’s gone. Now, I’m a sucker for a good romance and this is honestly one of my top 3 literary couples. Elijah leaves so that Sam can have a normal life, they love each other, but there’s no getting through the fact that he’s dead and she’s alive. In his mind, she needs to live, be a teenager, and forget about him. That’s obviously impossible, and when she finds out that he never actually left, he has a lot of explaining to do. His self- sacrifice just makes him so much more attractive, I think I’m in love (shhh… don’t tell my fiancΓ©). So this time, strange things start to happen when she begins to learn all about the R.M.S Titanic. The Mathers have a long, complicated history, and their voyage on the “unsinkable” is no different. The ship is just one more story that was never told, until Sam finds out every single dark secret. Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I was able to feel all of the emotions, I cried, I got mad, I laughed… and that’s when you know that the book has done its job.

~ Favorite Quotes~

“I did not intend to interfere with your life again.” Pg. 101

"If you sign that card, I might never see you again. There are many things I can endure, but that is not one of them.” Pg. 277

"You asked me if I had the opportunity to pass on with my sister. I did. But I did not take it. There was never a question of my leaving, knowing you were still here.” Pg. 277


Have you read this book? What do you think of it? Do you like Sam with Elijah or Jaxon? Let me know what you guys think!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25 Questions Tag: Facts About Me!

Review: Hunted by Meagan Spooner

Top 10 Best Bookish Gifts