Mini Review: The Edinburgh Seer By Alisha Klapheke


The Edinburgh Seer written by Alisha Klapheke was a really good read for me. I read it in a day because right when I started it, I could not put it down for the life of me. I personally LOVED the theme of the book and I thought it was such an original concept. Aini is a beautiful, intelligent, naïve sort of girl that works and lives with her father who is a candy maker and scientist. Her father is abducted and it’s up to Aini and her three friends, who also work for her father, to figure out why they captured him and how they will get him back home safe and sound. Her father’s apprentice, who is also one of her friends, and someone very important in her life has many secrets that start coming out when she asks for his help in finding her father. The sweets that her father invented have been altered with different things to give people certain abilities when they eat it. Some can change your moods, heighten your senses, and even make you lose gravity. This skill is something that many powerful people have taken notice of and want to use to create candies that could be potential weapons. When you first start reading, there’s a lot of things that aren’t explained and you sort of have to figure them out on your own. The book was also pretty fast-paced so it was easy to miss some things. Overall though, I really enjoyed reading this book and I can’t wait to read the next one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25 Questions Tag: Facts About Me!

Review: Hunted by Meagan Spooner

Top 10 Best Bookish Gifts